Girlstories Leadership Theatre is a comprehensive theatre arts program for middle school girls living in Hillsborough County who will be in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades next year. In 2010 GLT was awarded the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award from First Lady Michelle Obama at the White House and in 2011 GLT was honored by international star, Josh Groban in front of 12,000 fans.
Are you interested? We will be holding interviews for potential troupe members. Girlstories Leadership Theatre is the following:
- A program that focuses on building performance and leadership skills while creating and rehearsing a show to be performed for elementary school children and community groups.
- A program that begins with a Summer Intensive June 19 and ends July 16 and runs Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. We will be off on July 4th, and will have a half day on July.
- A program to be held at Powerstories Theatre located at 2105 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL.
- A program that ends with a performance to youth and the general public.
- A program that continues throughout the year one Saturday a month and may also include additional performances.
What To Do Now: Please call Powerstories Theatre to schedule a time for your daughter to attend an interview.
Who To Contact: Heather Clark, Theatre Manager at 813-562-9479 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Fran Powers, Founder at 813-205-3451 or Fran@Powerstories.com.
Where: Interviews will be held at Powerstories Theatre.
Cost: Please call Powerstories Theatre for information. Please know scholarships are available!
Selection To Be Based On:
- An application and essay (to be completed beforehand and brought to the interview).
- Two personal references (from a teacher, counselor or other non-family member who has worked with you in some way).
- A prepared creative piece presented at the interview.
- Group interaction.
Powerstories Theatre is a nonprofit theatre that stages true stories to open minds and hearts and inspire action worldwide. We believe that every person has a powerstory to discover and share with others. Our programs increase confidence, awareness, understanding, and deepens appreciation for diversity.