Girlstories Leadership Theatre
Girlstories Leadership Theatre is a comprehensive theatre arts program for middle school girls living in Hillsborough County who will be in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades next year. It is a nationally awarded program that teaches middle school girls confidence and self-awareness while exposing them to complex theatre and performance opportunities. In 2010 GLT was awarded the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award from First Lady Michelle Obama at the White House and in 2011 GLT was honored by the international star, Josh Groban in front of 12,000 fans.
Powerstories Theatre will be offering a full-day program in our theatre in the summer for rising 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade girls. We practice all important and necessary COVID precautionary guidelines to assure safety. This program will have a curriculum that emphasizes theatre, leadership, performance, music, art, and dance. There will be evening performances following the last day of our summer program (exact date and times to be determined).
The girls will:
- Use all the tools needed in theatre to better prepare the performer to self-advocate and contribute to their school community
- Look at women in history and how their contributions have impacted the world
- Learn characterization tools based on Stanislavski’s techniques
- Look at musical theatre by performing in two production numbers that will be included in the program
- Learn proper vocal technique from a professional music director
- Participate in improvisation techniques based on the work of Viola Spolin
- Explore movement on the stage.
Space is extremely limited. There are opportunities for 20 young girls.
Cost is $125.00. Scholarships are available. For more information contact Fran@Powerstories.com