Powerstories Theatre, in collaboration with Outcast Theatre Collective, proudly presented the inaugural VIRTUAL Voices of Truth Theatre Festival, which showcased new and established playwrights, directors, and local, national, and international casts to a global audience. The festival was 100% virtual to ensure your safety. The festival ran from March 10 through March 28, 2021.
We hope you enjoyed the original or curated works of Gloria Rosen, Sheri Whittington, Dwayne Yancey, Julliette Moore, Rich Courage, Outcast Theatre Collective, David John Preece, Peter Nason & Deborah Bostock-Kelley, Ellen Kaplan, Elizabeth Indianos, Bretton Reis, Leigh Flayton, and Pamela Bulu.
Thank you to all of our patrons, sponsors, playwrights, directors, casts, and crews for your incredible work in the inaugural Voices of Truth Theatre Festival. Congratulations to our award winners selected by our judges, our founder, and our theatre critic:
- Founder’s Choice Award – “Classic Six” by Leigh Flayton
- Critic’s Choice Award – “A Necessary Conversation” by Peter Nason & Deborah Bostock-Kelley
- Opening Minds & Hearts Award, First Place – “Stat Geek at Natick” by Bretton Reis
- Opening Minds & Hearts Award, Second Place – “A Conversation with Myself” by Julliette Moore
- Opening Minds & Hearts Award, Third Place – “The Very Last Dance of Homeless Joe” by Rich Courage